Sunday, June 27, 2004

Gas Tank Removal

We were able to continue stripping her down this weekend, it is going a little slower than we would like, but we are almost ready to put a new floor in her.
We got the gas tank out, with the help of pops and the frontend loader...it still had about 40 or so gallons in it and we are hoping that the pressure tests will come out in favor of keeping the original tank...it has been difficult to locate a 100+ gallon tank for the replacement.

Here are the pics.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I have the exact same boat and am restoring it. I belive I have to replace the fuel tank but I havnt pressure checked it yet. I was wonderiimg if u could give me some tips on easy ways of removing foam from around the fuel tank and how difficult it is to remove. Any tips would help thank and nice boat!
Luke - lbaer123@gmail.com