Saturday, August 20, 2005

More Floor

The cabosil that I placed along the seams sanded out nicely and I was able to lay a layer of tape down on the upper sections. My mistake was doing this at night and I had to contend with an s-load of moths...some of which are part of the boat ;)

Today, I shimmed out the rest the of the stringers for the back piece of flooring, cab'd a piece of plywood up in the cuddy to give some support for the front cleat and then cab'd and glassed the old lifting ring hole on the top-front.
Will have the lay some fabric across this too:

It will look better after some elbow grease - but you get the jist:

I also spent some time fashioning a sidewall support/side-mount rod holder, here is a pic of my primo fabrication (lil duct tape, cardboard and razor knife):

Here is the first section that I cut out with that pattern, jury is out on this idea right now:

1 comment:

J said...

Dave -
My dad told similar stories about those lifting rings - amazing really. I would have rather put another one in - I thought it looked different, but we could not find one so for the benefit of time - we are going with the cleat.

Where are you at on yours - is it a project or are you just doing some maintenance?
John